Beautiful grounds and comfortable rooms are there for your enjoyment, but rules do apply.
The pandemic continues and Covid-19 rules, especially for social distancing and wearing masks in close-quarters and businesses, continue to be applied at the provincial and federal levels. Here at the BraeBurn Inn many of our common areas remain closed, social distancing rules remain in effect with households or “bubbled” folks only in each motel room or RV site in support of the federal and provincial governments’ requests encouraging people to continue to social distance and to limit unnecessary travel.
The following restrictions apply:
- Use the self-assessment tool prior to coming out (www.saskatchewan.ca/coronavirus)–protect yourselves and others by not coming to the motel or RV Park if you are showing signs of illness;
- Continue to practice physical distancing and only visit the motel or RV Park alone or accompanied by those with whom you reside at home or are “bubbled” with until further notice; and
- Follow all the advice of the public health experts to protect yourself and others during this pandemic.
- The RV Park continues to be restricted to Saskatchewan residents only, until further notice.
- Visitors are still not allowed in the motel rooms or in the seating areas outside each room, other than the guests staying in those room, until further notice. If you came here to visit friends or relatives—go to their place to visit.
- Many of our shared facilities remain closed (room outdoor seating areas, volleyball and horseshoe courts as well as our RV Park central bathrooms). The exercise room and central barbecue/picnic deck are now open to motel guests and RV Park residents, but they must be booked and Covid rules continue to apply. No public bathrooms, so no outside visitors on site. If you came here to visit friends or relatives—go to their place to visit.
- We are providing enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of our rooms (including “resting” them 24-hours between guests) as well as the bistro sets outside each room, our office between all guests and visitors, barbecue/picnic deck, exercise room and our two common garbage disposal bins.
For the safety & enjoyment of all
at the BraeBurn Inn
At the BraeBurn Inn we have some rules for the safety and enjoyment of all our guests. Here’s an overview:
We have a quiet time enforced after 11 p.m. with no unregistered guests allowed in the rooms or on the grounds after that time. We have zero tolerance for parties and do not have any “party” rooms. People come here to get a quiet night of sleep.
Smoking of any kind or lighting material which may cause some kind of smoke (like candles, incense, sweet-grass, marijuana or vaping) is not allowed in any of our rooms. Our facility is centrally heated and cooled. So it has proven impossible to allow. This means no smoking anywhere in a room, including the bathroom. And not in the doorway either.
If you want to smoke: get dressed, go outside, close your doors and make sure you are nowhere near any open windows or doors. This goes for “vaping” too. Please be considerate of others.
Neither marijuana nor alcohol products are allowed outside. Outdoors is considered a “public” area, so neither are allowed. Sorry, we are not a licensed facility.
Pets, no matter how cute and cuddly they are to you, can be a problem for others. Too many allergies. We do not allow pets in any of our motel rooms. Sorry, we’ve just had too many bad experiences with pets being brought into our rooms.
If you need to travel with a pet, make arrangements with a kennel or with your relatives in the area. If you need to bring a service animal, make sure you let us know when you book your room (it’s called “special needs”) and make sure you bring a physician’s certificate stating you need such a service animal.
These rules apply to guests using rooms at the BraeBurn Inn:
• Quiet time is enforced after 11 p.m.–inside and outside.
• Registered guests only in rooms and on the grounds after 11 p.m.
• Checkout time is 11 am on your departure day. If you decide to leave earlier than booked, an overtime rate of $25 per hour, plus GST and PST applies starting at 11 am on the day you wish to depart, until your room is paid for again. The price charged for the room in that case may also change, as it varies depending on how many nights you had booked.
• Leave room key on hook provided in the room, and close the door when finished with room. If you forget to leave the key, you have two weeks to return it by mail, or you will be billed $25. Every time you lose or forget to return a key, we get to replace the door lock. We do not want room keys floating around out there!
• Parking for Rooms is Assigned Parking: one spot in front of each single room; two spots in front of each double room (except Room 12 which has one in front of it and another around the southwest corner of the motel). If you have more vehicles than assigned, use the Guest Parking across the parking lot, parallel to the gardens, and down the east side of our entry lane. It is well-signed.
• Illegal drugs or activities will not be tolerated anywhere on the property, including in the rooms.
• Alcoholic beverages are allowed inside the rooms only (a liquor permit is required to have alcoholic beverages in all other areas of the property). Now that marijuana consumption is legal, you will be able to consume cannabis products in the rooms only. As far as smoking it—smoking rules apply, so no smoking in the rooms. Outside in this case is also not allowed as it is public space.
• Alcohol or marijuana product consumption by persons under legal age is not allowed anywhere on the property. Believe it or not, it is an illegal activity.
• Smoking cigarettes or lighting or smoking any other product (including candles, incense, sweet-grass, marijuana and vaping) is not allowed in any of our rooms. Our facility is centrally heated and cooled. So it has proven impossible to allow. This means no smoking anywhere in a room, including the bathroom. And not in the doorway either. If you want to smoke, don’t be lazy: get dressed, go outside, close your doors and make sure you are nowhere near any open windows or doors. This goes for “vaping” too. Smoking marijuana remains illegal in public places.
• Rooms will not be rented to persons under the legal age without parent or guardian accompanying them. Proof of age will be required where there is doubt.
• You will be held financially responsible for any damage done to the room and its contents or to the property while you rented a room and were responsible for it. Essentially, you break it, damage it or steal it, and you’ve bought it–at double the replacement value. So don’t break, damage or steal things in or from the room or property.
RV Site Rules:
Note that some special restrictions in addition to the rules below also apply with regard to social distancing and visiting while the Covid-19 rules are in effect in our province. See Our RV Park for more on this.
These RV Site Rules apply to guests using the RV Park at the BraeBurn Inn, including any visitors to any of the RV sites:
• Quiet time is enforced after 11 p.m.
• Two parking spots in front of each RV Site. No double parking. Guests are welcome to use the Guest Parking across the parking lot from the motel and down the east side of the entry lane. It is well signed.
• Registered guests only on the grounds after 11 p.m.
• Leave bathroom key at the office when you are done with your site. If you forget to leave the key, you have two weeks to return it by mail, or you will be billed $100. If you lose or forget to return a bathroom key, we get to replace the door lock and have to re-cut all the keys. We do not want RV bathroom keys floating around out there!
• Illegal drugs or activities will not be tolerated anywhere on the property.
• Alcoholic beverages and/or smoking of any kind are allowed only on your RV site. A liquor permit is required to have alcoholic beverages in all other areas of the property and similar rules apply to the use of any drugs such as marijuana in addition to the smoking laws—essentially if your neighbour can smell it, you’re smoking too close. Use your common sense even if you’re “vaping”.
• Alcohol or drug consumption by persons under legal age is not allowed anywhere on the property. Believe it or not it is an illegal activity.
• RV sites will not be rented to persons under the legal age without parent or guardian accompanying them on the site. Proof of age will be required where there is doubt.
• You will be held financially responsible for any damage done to the site or property while you are leasing it. That includes damage by family or friends who may be staying or visiting at you site.
If you have a pet or pets at your RV Site
(the only place it is still allowed):
• Pets must be kept quiet at all times, especially after 11 p.m.–inside and outside.
• Pets are allowed at RV sites only on the understanding that the guests who have registered them will be held financially responsible for any damage done by their pet(s).
• You must keep your pet(s) on a leash and with you while outdoors and on motel property.
• Pet owners are expected to prevent pets from urinating or defecating in the people areas of the motel property–that includes the rooms, walkways, parking, camping and formal grassed areas of the motel property. Children play and people walk in these areas. We have a large field to the east, and many bushes along the road south of the property that would be more appropriate.
• Pet owners are expected to scoop, bag and retrieve any faeces (and meal remnants such as bones) dropped by their pets on motel property, and town bylaws require scooping and leashes off the property too ($500 fine imposed against violators by the town).
This motel and property are privately owned, and management reserves the right to refuse use of the rooms, RV sites or any other part of the property to non-guests, or to people who do not observe Motel Rules. We will not be responsible for accidents or injury to guests using our facilities, or for the loss of money, jewelry or valuables of any kind left in the rooms, RVs or while using the RV bathrooms and Exercise Room. Please act accordingly.
© Copyright by BraeBurn Inn
All rights reserved.