Nestled in the hills of the Qu’Appelle Valley, the BraeBurn Inn offers beautiful, quiet surroundings, and clean, comfortable rooms with all the amenities.
During the Covid 19 Pandemic:
The BraeBurn Inn of Fort Qu’Appelle was the only motel to remain open to essential services travellers throughout the pandemic to ensure services continued to be available in our community. We made it through without incident.
We learned a few things during the pandemic, some of which we are continuing:
- Our staff will continue wearing masks on entering rooms to clean or make them up for those staying multiple nights;
- You may decide to wear masks in our office or not. We’ve left it up to our staff whether or not they are comfortable enough to remove their masks but if you wear a mask into our office we too will don our masks in the office (the “old guy” is going to continue wearing his inside the office as he likes not catching as many colds);
- We will continue to sanitize the counter and door surfaces as well as pens just not necessarily after every client, but the Point-Of-Sale terminal will be sanitized each time it is used;
- At the moment we are not doing make-ups of the rooms to protect our staff. If you need something, like fresh towels, toilet paper or more coffee pods, we will be happy to replace them during regular business hours at our office.
- For the moment, while the variants are still causing potential problems, we are continuing to “rest” our rooms between customers for 24-hours before and after each use. That may change depending on what the variants do to us.
- We will continue to block our on-line bookings for now to allow us to recover financially by giving preference to long-term bookings and crews. To book a room you will need to phone 306-332-5757 ext. 0 during regular office hours 11:30 am to 11 pm CST on weekdays and 1:30 pm to 11 pm CST on weekends. If we are not available to answer the phone, leave your phone number, how many beds and rooms you require and for how long. We will return your call as soon as possible.
Our RV Park remains open from May 1 to Sept. 30 but only for seasonal users. See Our RV Park for more on that.
Our common areas are now open and available again including the seating areas outside the rooms (no alcohol outside—we are not licensed), our horseshoe and volleyball courts as well as RV Park bathrooms. You need a key for our Exercise Room and we expect you to clean the exercise equipment you wish to use “before” you use it (note that our PTAC unit—air-conditioner/heater—is not working properly right now and we are having trouble getting it repaired). Book our central barbecue/picnic deck for use ahead of time during normal office hours and let us know when you are finished using it so we can clean it between uses.
If you’re feeling ill—please continue to stay home. We will continue our policy of not charging to cancel or reschedule even if that happens last-minute or within the normal 48-hour cancellation period. But please let us know as soon as you know, so we have at least a chance of re-booking someone else in the room.
Glad we got through this pandemic (so far) and hope we don’t see another for a long, long time.
Pieter, Bev and Ab van der Breggen
Once again, Welcome!
The BraeBurn is located at 750 Bay Avenue, South, right in Fort Qu’Appelle. Fort Qu’Appelle is in the Qu’Appelle Valley in Saskatchewan, Canada, at the junction of Highways 10 and 35 between Echo and Mission Lakes. It’s about 70 km northeast of Regina–less than 45 minutes driving.
Rooms at the BraeBurn come with all the comforts of home. Although each room has a unique decorative theme (see Our Rooms section), all are equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, coffee-maker, colour television with satellite, telephone, free wireless high-speed internet access, alarm clock/radio, ensuite bathroom and central geothermal air and heat. Each also includes a fan and electric fireplace for your comfort, and iron and ironing boards for your convenience.
The four singles have one king-size bed in each. The five large rooms are equipped with small kitchenettes. These large rooms include four with two queen-size beds in each, and one with two XL double-size beds. All are non-smoking rooms, no pets allowed.
In addition, the motel features a year-round Exercise Room (next to our RV Bathroom facility) and a common natural gas BBQ for the use of guests of the BraeBurn Inn. Bring soft-soled exercise shoes! On the grounds we also have an outdoor horseshoe court with two lanes and a sand volleyball court, both available for summertime use.
NOTE: We normally have a 48-hour cancellation policy but will allow you to cancel or reschedule without penalty if you are feeling ill (please do stay home and get tested). Please give us as much notice as possible if you need to cancel because we are continuing to set aside our rooms for 24-hours before and after each booking. We still require a valid credit card number if you are booking a room or site to guarantee against any damage to the room or site. Our RV sites are only available for the Season. Telephone 306-332-5757 ext. 0 afternoons or evenings to inquire.
If you’d like to book a room with us you may view our
Availability Calendar or enter your booking dates to see what rooms are available under Book Now.
Sorry. On-line booking disabled for now. Please phone us afternoons or evenings at 306-332-5757 ext. 0, or contact us via e-mail for now
Here’s what’s on this site:
Brings you back to this page.
Everything you ever wanted to know about the BraeBurn Inn.
BraeBurn Inn’s commitment to our planet’s environment is evidenced by our actions. Word are not enough any more.
Our rooms are all different. Each has its own decorative theme. Check them out.
Compare our room rates. Our rates are less if you stay longer. Take a look. Yes, one night is expensive, but it’s a lot more work for us.
Our RV Park
Our small seasonal RV Park and the rules which apply there.
The rules by which we run this Inn: hours of operation, quiet times and more.
Recreation in the area, as well as on site at the BraeBurn Inn.
Our Site Exit
Thanks for visiting and links to related pages.
© Copyright by BraeBurn Inn
All rights reserved.