Open now, but with restrictions
As per our provincial guidelines update on May 1, because we supply sewer and water to our sites, our RV Park is now open.
At the same time, all our common areas remain closed, social distancing rules remain in effect and households only in each site–in other words no parties and social visitors–in support of the federal and provincial governments’ requests encouraging people to continue to social distance, stay at home and not to travel unnecessarily.
The following restrictions still apply, as follow:
- Use the self-assessment tool prior to coming out (www.saskatchewan.ca/coronavirus)–protect yourselves and others by not coming to the RV Park if you are showing signs of illness;
- Continue to practice physical distancing and only visit the RV Park alone or accompanied by those with whom you reside at home until further notice; and
- Follow all the advice of the public health experts to protect yourself and others during this pandemic.
- This RV Park is restricted to Saskatchewan residents only, until further notice.
- Since our sites are set up so RVs can only be backed next to one-another and not face each other, we continue to allow all six sites to be used.
- RV Park residents must use bathroom facilities in their trailers or recreational vehicles, our bathhouse bathrooms are a common area and are closed until further notice.
- Visitors to the RV Park sites, other than the folks staying there, will not be allowed until further notice.
- All our shared facilities remain closed ( volleyball and horseshoe courts, central RV Park bathrooms, exercise room and central barbecue/picnic deck) until further notice.
- We will provide enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of both our common garbage disposal units.
Because BraeBurn Inn RV Park opened May 3, after the provincial update of May 1 and once water was provided to the sites, we will continue to catch-up to RV seasonal rates in the area for existing tenants. Any new RVers wishing to rent for the season will begin at the adjusted rate (seasonal rates only available here–first come, first served, by telephone or in person only). 306-332-5757 (dial 0).
We do not have a lake at our doorstep as others do (although it is only 2 minutes away by car), but we do provide water, sewer and 30-amp electricity to each of our sites here.
Water, as usual, will only remain available to the individual sites as long as weather permits, or until our normal closing date of September 30.
Looking forward to seeing you all again at some point.
Pieter, Bev & Ab van der Breggen
A Quiet Place to Relax:
BraeBurn Inn RV Park
Almost hidden away in the south-west corner of Fort Qu’Appelle, the southern hills of the Qu’Appelle Valley wall, is the BraeBurn Inn RV Park. To the south and east of the park are trees, grass and bush.
Although it’s in town, this RV Park feels like it’s out of town. And it’s within minutes of all four lakes, two wonderful golf courses, and the downtown area of Fort Qu’Appelle.
The RV Park was added to the BraeBurn Inn grounds in 1998. Since taking over in 1999, Pieter and Beverly have worked to improve the campground area, including adding sewer in the fall of 2003 and rebuilding the six large sites completely in the spring of 2004. We’ve also added and continue to add numerous trees and bushes to the landscaping. In 2002-6 a sand Volleyball/Badminton Court and two Horseshoe Lanes were added. For more see Our Recreation.
Our sites are leased by the season only
RV Park Facilities:
The BraeBurn Inn RV Park includes six large sites. Sites are leased by the Season only (May 1 to Sept. 30). Phone Pieter or Ab at 306-332-5757 ext. 0 afternoons or evenings for our current rates. Sites are not available on-line. If you are a seasonal site tenant already, you may also arrange to store your RV for the winter (Oct. 1 to Apr. 30). No services in the winter months.
Four of the six sites (along the south side) will handle units up to 40 feet long with bump-outs. The two remaining sites (along the east side) will only handle units up to 35 feet long with bump-outs.
All sites come equipped with a barbecue fire pit, 30-amp power, water and sewer on site. All units have easy access to the central Shower/Toilet building, common deck and natural gas barbecue.
All site lessees and their guests are expected to understand and abide by the Rules which apply to the RV Park.
Yes, this RV Park is being Phased Out:
BraeBurn Inn RV Park is slowly being Phased Out. It’s true. But that is still some years away, although we can’t guarantee that we won’t win a lottery and want to begin the next phase earlier.
The RV Park simply does not bring in enough revenue for the space it takes. As a result, it will be phased out over the years.
The existing RV bathroom facilities will eventually be converted into bathroom facilities for the Motel Exercise Room, and possibly a small coin-op laundry for guests of the motel. The RV Park area, itself, will be replaced by future expansion of the motel facility.
© Copyright by BraeBurn Inn
All rights reserved.